January 7th, 2018
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row 0=””][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_column_text 0=””]
- Thanks be to God for the heartfelt sharing in last week’s service. And for the fresh start for our Life Groups this morning!
Please pray for the following:
- For the successful surgery for Bob Cowles at M.D. Anderson in Houston. Pray for healing and a smooth rehab.
- For Chris McLaughlin as doctors do a series of medical tests at NCMC. For peace and comfort for Chris and Mike, and for Mike’s health to hold steady during this stressful time.
- For church leadership and church family as we prepare to receive Pastor Don Orange and his wife, Mary, as our transitional pastor later in January.
- For Dick and Amy Ness as they continue on in Dick’s cancer journey. For God’s peace and comfort.
- For the Life Groups as they resume today. Pray for a season of fellowship and strengthening of church family relationships as various topics are explored together.
If you have a prayer request, please email the church prayer chain directly at email@example.com. You may also call the office at 970.352.3030.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text 0=””]
Perspectives Class on the World Christian Movement
begins January 16th! Register online at class.perspectives.org. The cost is $250 and our church mission team is offering $100 reimbursement toward tuition for our church registrants. Questions, contact Sandee Strobel, 970-324-3304.
Lightseekers Potluck: Lightseekers will meet at noon on January 19th in the Celebration Center for a potluck lunch. Please bring a dish to share and table service. If you have questions please contact Ida May Else at 970-330-7716.
Undecorating the Church
We would love your help undecorating the church after such a joyous Advent/Christmas season. Join us at 9:00am on Monday, January 8th.
Fellowship Lunch is January 11th at noon in the Celebration Center. The program will be a speaker from the Alzheimer Association. Her topic is “Healthy Living for Your Brain and Body”. This is the first of three classes from the Alzheimer Association on the topic of the brain, dementia, and caregiving with those aging. The classes will be offered on January 11th, 24th and February 7th (two are Wednesday evenings from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.) Anyone in the church is welcome to come and friends and neighbors of our church family are also welcome. Please sign up for lunch through the church office or at the Welcome Center. Cost for lunch is $7.00 and is prepared by Rosie Dunn.
Women’s Bible Study begins Tuesday morning, January 9th. We will be studying “Discerning the Voice of God” by Pricilla Shirer.
Slammin’ Famine is coming!
20 spots on Sat, Feb 17th from 2-4 pm; 20 spots Sat, Feb 17th from 5-7 pm; 10 spots Sun, Feb 18th from 2-4 pm. Sign up on the church website!
Wednesday Night Prayer resumes January 10th. Drop in from 4:30 – 6:30 in the Conference Room. This week we will be praying for the Life Groups, leaders and mission partners.
Second Sunday Prayer: Gather in the Celebration Center on Sunday, January 14th from 6 – 7 pm to pray the prayer of St. Francis.
Worship & Music
Music and Worship Opportunities in 2018
Now is a great time for those of all ages to join a choir or become involved in the worship life of Cornerstone. Please visit our Worship Arts page for more information. We’d love to have you!
Grades 6-12 | The Gospel Project | Sundays | 9:45a | Youth Center
Grades 9-12 | High School youth group resumes on January 14
High Altitude | Grades 9-12 | Feb 9-11 | Sign up online by Jan 28
Annual Jr. Sr. Trip | rising Juniors and Seniors | Save the dates: June 11-14
Children between age three through third grade are dismissed in the middle of the worship service for a time of age-appropriate teaching in the Children’s Chapel (downstairs from the Welcome Center).
Life Groups from 9:45 am to 10:45 am.