Church Custodian– Full time
The Church Custodian supports the mission and vision of the congregation by providing assistance to ensure all areas are in excellent condition for the staff and community we serve. The Church Custodian will work from a daily schedule created by the Facilities Manager to maintain a clean and professional appearance of the entire facility. This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week and is eligible for full benefits. Schedule to be determined as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position.
- Assist in maintaining church building, grounds and equipment in good working order.
- Utilize daily/weekly schedule to maintain a clean, professional appearance of the facility. This would include, but is not limited to, cleaning of classroom and worship areas, restrooms, window washing, carpet cleaning, light maintenance, and grounds upkeep.
- Set up and tear down room set ups for authorized church functions.
- Maintain supportive working relationships with staff, ministry partners, and volunteers through close collaboration and proactive communication.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and be dedicated to growing in His love and being a living example of His teachings. Be an example of God’s love to all who enter the facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform minor repairs around the facilities.
- Ability to speak fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch. Occasional sitting. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.