Director of Communications and Media- Full time
The Director of Communications and Media will revolutionize the look of Cornerstone Community Church, enhance our congregational communication and extend our reach through web, print, video and social media. This person must be called, gifted and passionate in this area and a team player. This position will report to the Director of Spiritual Development.
- Website: Oversee the creation, maintenance and updates of a dynamic Cornerstone website to engage our church and community.
- Social Media: Develop, implement and oversee social media to extend Cornerstone’s reach.
- Print Media: Serve as the hub through which all things in print will flow.
- Audio & Visual: Develop, implement and oversee equipment set up. Oversee a lay team to run both Cornerstone’s various audio and visual platforms in key ministries/events.
- Branding & marketing: Oversee all branding and marketing for Cornerstone to the community. Monitor the use of logos, and all promotional materials representing Cornerstone.
- Special events: Oversee audio/visual needs for funerals, weddings, and other events. Work with Director of Worship Arts and Director of Spiritual Development to ensure A/V needs are met for weekly Worship, group events and special events.
- Creative catalyst: Enhance the look of all promotional and print materials. Through the collaborative process with staff, research and improve communications to promote Cornerstone in the community and with our community partners.
- Utilize expertise to assist Cornerstone to tell our story, celebrate our milestones and honor God’s goodness.
- Participate in staff meetings, retreats and other events as needed.
- Work with ministries helping them to develop communication plans to mobilize their specific audiences to respond.
- Develop and effectively administer Communications budget.
- Develop, communicate and enforce policies pertinent to church communications.
- Maintain supportive working relationships with staff, ministry partners, and volunteers through close collaboration and proactive communication.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and be dedicated to growing in His love and being a living example of His teachings. Be an example of God’s love to all who enter the facility.
- Committed to the values and mission of Cornerstone Community Church.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficient in graphic design software and in video editing.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Exhibits a team-oriented mindset. Cooperative and collaborative towards accomplishing the church’s ministry• Detail-oriented: quality and precision-focused.
- People-oriented: values working with others and helping people.
- Able to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible.
- Personal desire for excellence in work.
- Positive attitude towards church, staff, members and public.
- Be disciplined and diligent with time management, completing required tasks in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 2+ years.
This is a full-time position. Schedule to be determined as necessary to fulfill the duties of the position. The hours may vary depending on the time of year and church demands.
This full-time position is eligible for all benefits including medical, dental, vacation and paid holidays.