Middle School Ministry Coordinator (Part-Time)
Cornerstone Community Church is searching for a Middle School Ministry Coordinator (grades 6-8) to assist with the spiritual growth, formation, and education of our students. The Coordinator will develop relationships and help foster a dynamic program for our students so that their faith in Jesus Christ is encouraged and strengthened. This is a part-time position (15 hours per week) that will report directly to the Director of Spiritual Development.
We are an Evangelical Presbyterian congregation (www.epc.org) of about 400 in weekly worship. We have a history of a strong, healthy, and vibrant youth ministry in our community. We currently have approximately 20 students actively participating in our middle school ministry. Cornerstone values partnership with parents in our children and youth ministries and the Middle School Ministry Coordinator will be expected to interact with parents regularly.
- Maintain and carry forward Cornerstone’s vision for youth ministry that our students will have a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ.
- Establish deep and caring relationships with our students, their families and all volunteers and interns involved in the youth ministry.
- Maintain and carry forward our weekly middle school ministry programs, mission opportunities, camps and events which are designed to engage the hearts and minds of our students – providing opportunities for students to grow in their faith and in their service to our community and world.
- Recruit and train adult volunteers for relational ministry in the Middle School Ministry.
- Manage the middle school program budget and oversee administrative needs for the weekly Middle School Ministry.
- Genuine/authentic faith commitment to Jesus Christ (as understood in a Reformed Christian framework as expressed by the EPC – see www.epc.org)
- At least two years prior work experience with youth, i.e.: camp counselor, teacher’s aide, teacher or related role, coach, youth ministry, etc.
- Excited and able to invite, inspire, and engage youth in discovering and deepening their faith in creative and age-appropriate ways.
- Ability/willingness to learn and has a teachable spirit.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organization, and time management skills.
Cornerstone Community Church is in a time of transition and we are looking forward to having someone join our youth ministry team as we move forward. This is a part-time, hourly position that will include Sunday mornings, Wednesday evenings, weekly contact work with students and volunteers, monthly activities, and annual events. Please submit your resume and cover letter to Donny Butkus, Director of Spiritual Development at firstname.lastname@example.org. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. Relocation will not be provided. Desired start date is 1/18/18