Children’s Ministry Coordinator (Part-Time)
Cornerstone Community Church is searching for a Children’s Ministry Coordinator (Birth to 5th grade) to assist with the spiritual growth, formation, and education of our children. The Coordinator will develop relationships with children, parents, and volunteers as well as foster a dynamic program for our children, including nursery, Sunday school, and children’s church. This is a part-time position (25 hours per week) that will report to the Director of Spiritual Development.
We are an Evangelical Presbyterian congregation (www.epc.org) of about 400 (all ages) in weekly worship. We have a history of a strong, healthy and vibrant Children’s ministry. We currently have approximately 50 children from birth to 5th grade. Cornerstone values partnerships with parents in our children and youth ministry. The Children’s Ministry Coordinator will be expected to interact with parents on a regular basis.
- Carry forward Cornerstone’s vision for children’s ministry that our children will have a deep and abiding faith in Jesus Christ.
- Establish deep and caring relationships with our children, their families and all volunteers involved in children’s ministry.
- Lead and coordinate all children’s ministry birth through 5th grade, including VBS.
- Recruit, train and schedule nursery workers.
- Recruit and train volunteers for Sunday school teachers.
- Manage the nursery and children’s ministry budget and oversee administrative needs.
- Genuine/authentic faith commitment to Jesus Christ (as understood in a Reformed Christian framework as expressed by the EPC – see www.epc.org).
- At least two years prior work experience in a child-oriented environment.
- Excited and able to invite, inspire, and engage children in discovering and deepening their faith in creative and age-appropriate ways.
- Ability to learn and has a teachable spirit and a willingness to submit to authority.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organization, and time management.
Cornerstone Community Church is in a time of transition, and we are looking forward to having someone coordinate our Children’s Ministry as we move forward. This is a part-time, hourly position that will include Sunday mornings, Tuesday Mornings and weekly contact work with children and parents, seasonal activities and annual events. We look forward to receiving your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No relocation will be provided. Desired start date is June 1, 2018.