Facilities Manager- Part time
The Facilities Manager supports the mission and vision of the congregation by leading, managing, and providing support to ensure all areas are in excellent condition for the staff and community we serve. The Facilities Manager develops and leads facilities project plans and budgets and works closely with church leadership to ensure that facilities meet ongoing operational goals and objectives. The Facilities Manager will perform general and preventive maintenance and repair duties as needed for the purposes of ongoing building care and upkeep. This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, and compensation is determined by the session. This position does not qualify for benefits.
- Maintain church building and all equipment in good working order; monitor equipment under maintenance contracts.
- Oversee and perform routine and scheduled maintenance inspections of buildings and equipment; keep appropriate logs and reports available for review.
- Maintain church grounds, (lawn care may be performed by outside company) prune bushes/trees where possible, fertilize, maintain irrigation system, snow removal and other necessary functions.
- Perform minor repairs around the facilities, including simple carpentry, electrical and plumbing, etc. Make immediate temporary repairs in an emergency. Inform the Building and Grounds Committee and Office Manager of any major repairs needed.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments. Ensure that activities and projects are completed within the scope, schedule, and budget.
- Employ proactive and sometimes rapid decision-making skills to directly manage and resolve issues efficiently and weigh appropriate use/coordination of outside contractors.
- Negotiate and communicate with outside vendors for supplies, equipment, regular maintenance or repairs; obtaining estimates/quotes for services, materials, and equipment.
- Order and maintain inventory of facility supplies such as paper products, kitchen supplies, and cleaning supplies. Maintain a record of such purchases.
- Set up and tear down room setups for authorized church functions.
- Serve on the Buildings and Grounds Committee as Chairperson.
- Supervise custodial staff and external contractors. Coordinate and direct custodial schedules; Prepare work plans for custodial staff, measuring performance and providing corrective action when needed.
- Security: ensure the entrance door is open on weekdays. Patrol building each morning to check for open doors, windows, vandalism, etc. Supervise and coordinate general security under the direction of the Office Manager.
- Maintain supportive working relationships with staff, ministry partners, and volunteers through close collaboration and proactive communication.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
- Have a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ and be dedicated to growing in His love and being a living example of His teachings. Be an example of God’s love to all who enter the facility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; 5+ years related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Good analytical/critical thinking.
- Ability to perform minor repairs around the facilities including simple carpentry, electrical and plumbing, etc.
- Ability to speak fluent English. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic general math functions: add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license. This job requires a motor vehicle record showing no at-fault accidents within the past 3 years and no DWI/DWAI within the past 5 years.
Ability to stand for long periods of time; ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and smell. Occasional sitting. Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.