Lead Pastor / Head of Staff- Full Time
Cornerstone Community Church is seeking a Lead Pastor to partner with us as we seek GOD’s preferred future for our congregation and ministry. The Lead Pastor will be accountable to the Presbytery of the West through its Ministerial Committee and to the Session of Cornerstone Community Church.
The Lead Pastor is called to work on a full-time basis (approx. 50 hours per week).
- Maintain and carry forward Cornerstone’s vision for ministry through a Christ-centered, collaborative-team model which will include Biblical preaching and teaching (30%), leadership and discipleship (30%), administration (20%), and pastoral care (20%).
- Primary preacher and teacher within a collaborative-team model. Preaching approximately 30 times per year and leading, mentoring, and training team of pastors and teachers.
- Disciple and train Session and recruit, disciple, and train potential new elders (includes intentional and ongoing work with the nominating committee). Will serve as moderator of Session.
- Lead and nurture a collaborative and relational environment with Staff and Session that will incarnate the mission and values of Cornerstone.
- Together with other Pastor(s) teaching and providing leadership for groups such as adult education, elder and deacon training, new member classes, Bible study groups and other related opportunities as needed.
- Coordinating the worship life of the church, along with the Worship Arts Director, the worship planning committee and the other Pastor(s). Officiate weddings and funerals as needed.
- Supervise and manage staff (3 direct reports and 15+ indirect) work closely with the Personnel Team.
- Vibrant, mature and growing faith in Jesus Christ.
- A love for people, highly skilled in relationships and able to thrive in a collaborative and relational leadership environment.
- M.Div. / Ministerial degree and ordained in the EPC (or ability and willingness to gain ordination).
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the Reformed tradition.
- At least five years of experience as Lead / Senior Pastor.
- Leadership experience in multi-staff organization (preferred).
- Proficiency in leadership development including recruitment, training, and nurturing of staff, church officers and volunteers.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers, communicate consistently with all levels of leadership and congregation.
Resume or personal information form should be submitted to email@example.com